These rich, moist dark chocolate brownies are made even more rich by the red wine glaze drizzled on top. They make a decadently thrilling dessert, perfect for any party.
Death by Chocolate Brownies with Merlot Glaze
Topped with berries, cream and a thick blood red merlot reduction, these dark chocolate brownies are rich and deep- perfect for any thriller party theme.
- 1 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup black cocoa powder I use Weirdo Good
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cool whip
- 1 cup merlot
- 1 cup sugar
- sprinkle cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and dust a 9x9 pan with cocoa powder.
- Mix together all of the brownie ingredients until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Pull the brownies and let cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Add merlot and sugar to a small saucepan. Sprinkle will cinnamon.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, until the mixture has reduced by half and is thick like syrup.
- When ready to serve, top each brownie square with a tablespoon of cool whip, berries and drizzle with the merlot reduction. Enjoy!
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 369IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg