This cheesecake is as delicious as it is beautiful! Filled with Oreos, topped with strawberry roses and sitting on a thick Oreo crust, it’s a perfect and decadent dessert for a romantic night in.
gorgeous and delicious
- 10" springform pan
- roasting pan
- aluminum foil
- 30 oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 24 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oreo cookies chopped into large pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 6-8 strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Using a blender or food processor, pulverise the Oreo cookies until they are crumbs.
- Pour in butter and mix again.
- Dump mixture into the 10" springform pan and press it into an even crust.
- To make the cheesecake, whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- Divide the batter into 3 parts by removing 1/4 cup for the ganache and 1 cup for the topping. Set those two portions aside and with the rest of the batter, add the 12 chopped Oreo cookies.
- Pour the Oreo cheesecake batter over the Oreo crust.
- Pour the 1 cup of plain cheesecake batter on top to make a clean layer.
- For the ganache, heat the heavy cream to just below boiling. Add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is thick and glossy. Add the 1/4 cup of cheesecake batter and stir until thoroughly mixed. Drop 1 teaspoon dollops of the ganache mixture in a spiral circle on top of the cheesecake.
- Using a knife, drag spirally through the drops from the center out to the edge to make marbelized hearts.
- Using a heavy sheet of aluminum foil, cover the outer portion of the springform pan to prevent any water leaking from the bath into the cheesecake.
- Place the aluminum covered pan into the roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan 1 1/2" full of warm water.
- Carefully place the roasting pan into the preheated oven. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the cheesecake is wobbly but not jiggly in the center.
- Let cool for 1 hour before storing in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, cut the strawberries into roses and decorate one side of the top of the cheesecake. See video for details. Enjoy!
Sodium: 669mg | Calcium: 104mg | Vitamin C: 4mg | Vitamin A: 1134IU | Sugar: 43g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 260mg | Cholesterol: 109mg | Calories: 623kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Fat: 41g | Protein: 8g | Carbohydrates: 58g | Iron: 4mg