These Czechoslovakian desserts have been in my family for generations. At my home, it just isn’t Christmas without them.
Cherry Pie Bites (Kolaches)
This cookie is a family holiday tradition passed down for generations.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup butter cold
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 8 oz cherry filling solo
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together.
- Add the flour slowly until thoroughly incorporated.
- Roll out to 1/8" thick. Cut into 2" squares.
- Put a teaspoon of cherry filling in the middle of each square. Fold two opposite corners over and pinch.
- Line up on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15, or until the bottoms are golden.
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg