Pickles, blue cheese and crispy chicken is an unbeatable combination!
Chicken and Blue Cheese Sliders
Recipes inspired by The Midnight Library
Servings: 16 sliders
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pickle juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 16 pickle chips
- 2 oz blue cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 16 Hawaiian buns
- Slice each of the boneless skinless chicken breasts into 4 tenders.
- Place the chicken breasts into a ziploc bag or a 13x9 glass pan. Cover with the pickle juice. Place in the refigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In one medium sized bowl big enough to dip chicken, mix the 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon of water.
- In a second bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a third bowl, mix the panko and parmesan cheese.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Dredge a chicken piece in the flour mixture then shake off the excess.
- Dip into the egg and dunk until covered in egg. Remove with a fork and place into the breadcrumb cheese mixture. Coat completely in the breadcrumbs, patting them in place to make them stick to the chicken.
- Place onto the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 24-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Pull from the oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the Hawaiian buns in half and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place one tender on the bottom sides of each bun. Top with pickles, blue cheese mixture and the rest of the buns. Serve immediately. Enjoy!!
Sodium: 923mg | Calcium: 112mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin A: 125IU | Sugar: 5g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 166mg | Cholesterol: 40mg | Calories: 279kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fat: 12g | Protein: 14g | Carbohydrates: 29g | Iron: 1mg