I love this time of year when the last of the tomatoes come off the vine and football games grace the tv. My husband loves to grill on game days and this salsa is a great companion to meats and veggies as well as chips.
If you can add fresh oregano as well as fresh cilantro it will heighten the flavors of this salsa to the next level! Nothing beats fresh herbs.
- 1 small head garlic top cut off
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 jalapeño peppers sliced in half
- 1 red onion quartered
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano or 1/2 cup fresh
- 14 oz diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place head of garlic on a foil lined cookie sheet. Cover in olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast garlic for 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers, and onion to the cookie sheet with the garlic and continue roasting for 15 minutes.
- Let cool, then remove stem from tomatoes with a knife. Place roasted vegetables and the rest of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!!
If you’re making this during the Luteal or Follicular phases, try throwing some artichokes in the blender along with everything else.
This recipe has at least 2 of the recommended Ovulatory Phase foods, but it’s a great healthy topping during any phase.
- you can add spinach to the blender as well
- add corn after blending if desired
I like to store this salsa in glass mason jars. They make a pretty gift as well!
Have you tried making this recipe? Are you cycle syncing? I’d love to hear your feedback. Please comment and rate! Peace & love, jenni