Lamb Bites with Potato Crostini
Everything you love about lamb in one perfect bite! Mint, cumin, garlic and lamb top a crispy potato slice. Finish it all off with the best Greek sauce I’ve ever tasted, courtesy of my name twin Jenni over at whipandwander.com, and you have an appetizer fit for any occasion!
Lamb Bites on Potato Crostini
These tasty gourmet meatballs make the best appetizers!
- 2-3 russet potatoes cut into 1/2" slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 shallot grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Spread out the potato slices onto the baking sheet. Brush the slices with the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the potato slices from the oven and flip. Continue to bake for 10 more minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, using your hands, mix together the lamb, shallot, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, mint, parsley and egg until thoroughly combined.
- Roll the lamb mixture into tablespoon sized balls. You should get about 16 meatballs.
- When you pull the potatoes from the oven, adjust oven to 425°F.
- Top each potato slice with one meatball. Bake for 10 - 13 minutes or until when pierced, clear juice runs from the meatball.
- Top with Whip and Wander's Whipped Feta and enjoy!!
Sodium: 169mg | Calcium: 19mg | Vitamin C: 3mg | Vitamin A: 158IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 204mg | Cholesterol: 31mg | Calories: 125kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fat: 9g | Protein: 6g | Carbohydrates: 6g | Iron: 1mg
If you like this recipe, check out the book that inspired it!
You can buy Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough here from Amazon or you can also choose to support local bookstores by purchasing it from Bookshop although I highly recommend listening to this book! You can buy the audio version at Libro.fm here.