This is the perfect vegetarian slider- melted gruyere cheese and sautéed mushrooms.
Grilled Cheese and Mushroom Quesadillas
This dish was inspired by The Midnight Library
Servings: 8 sliders
- 3 tbsp butter separated
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 lb mushrooms seasonal is best
- 1 medium tomato cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 scallions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic cut into large slices
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 8 oz gruyere cheese shredded
- 8 Hawaiian buns
- Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and scallions. Cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cook two more minutes.
- Add parsley. Cook two additional minutes, then pull the mushroom mix from the heat.
- Meanwhile, cut the browned tops off of each of the hawaiian buns before slicing them in half and buttering one side of each slice.
- Heat a separate large skillet over a medium to high flame. Add eight of the cut buns butter side down and layer an ounce of the shredded cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup of the mushroom mixture to each and top with the other 8 buns, butter side up.
- Once the bottom of the sandwiches are golden brown, carefully flip them and brown the other side. Serve immediately.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 716IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 298mg | Iron: 1mg