Is it really Christmas if you don’t have sugar cookies?? I love a pretty, perfectly decorated sugar cookie, but for the holidays, the more frosting and sprinkles, the better! My four year old agrees with me.
Sweet and simple, these cookies are the perfect base for all of your creativity!
- 1 cup butter unsalted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Cream the butter and add sugar. Mix.
- Add egg and extracts. Mix.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix.
- Chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Roll the dough to 1/4" thick. Cut out with your desired cutters.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until the bottoms are golden.
- Let cool and frost as desired.
Sodium: 188mg | Calcium: 17mg | Vitamin A: 246IU | Sugar: 8g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 19mg | Cholesterol: 27mg | Calories: 151kcal | Saturated Fat: 5g | Fat: 8g | Protein: 2g | Carbohydrates: 18g | Iron: 1mg