This elegant and decadent black and white appetizer was inspired by Beth’s trip to Russia for the final chess tournament.
Russian Caviar Baby Potato Bites
Elegant and decadent black and white appetizer
- 1.5 lb baby potatoes white or gold
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 oz caviar black
- chives for garnish
- salt for garnish
- squeeze lemon juice fresh
- Cover the baby potatoes with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat until potatoes are firm but easily pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly. Cut off a small slice from both ends so that the potato sits upright on the flat surface.
- Top with a dollop of creme fraiche, a smaller dollop of caviar and a chive.
- Sprinkle with salt and a few drops of fresh lemon juice. Enjoy immediately.
Sodium: 39mg | Calcium: 13mg | Vitamin C: 11mg | Vitamin A: 23IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 243mg | Cholesterol: 14mg | Calories: 50kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 2g | Carbohydrates: 10g | Iron: 1mg