This dip is so comforting and delicious. You will catch yourself sneaking back for seconds of this scrumptious snack but I’m here to tell you that this recipe is full of healthy things like fiber and protein. No sneaking necessary!
Warm Black Bean & Chickpea Dip
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves cut into large slices
- 10 oz black beans drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers flesh and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic. Cook down, about 8 minutes.
- Place onions and garlic in a blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend thoroughly.
- Pour bean mixture into the skillet and heat, stirring for two minutes or until consistently warm.
- If eating dairy, top the dip with sprinkles of cojito or feta. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tortilla chips are perfect but so are cut up veggies. Use as a topping for tacos or inside your burritos.
This recipe has 4 of the recommended Fall/Luteal Phase foods.
- black beans
Have you tried making this recipe? I’d love to hear your feedback. Please comment and rate! Peace & love, jenni