The flavors in this salad are so incredible that you won’t believe how healthy it is!! A ton of green veggies and black beans are the base but don’t let those boring ingredients phase you. Spicy and bright citrus notes will have you going back to this recipe again and again. Gluten and dairy free.
Green Mexican Salad
- 1 large green heirloom tomato chopped into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 english cucumber peeled and cubed
- 1 large avocado cubed
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives whole
- 1 cup black beans rinsed
- 1 small shallot sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash hot sauce to taste
- Toss all the salad ingredients together.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad and stir until salad is thoroughly dressed.
- Eat alone or top over brown rice or ground beef. Enjoy!!
This is great with brown rice but it’s also tasty over ground beef seasoned with taco spices.
This recipe has at least 5 of the recommended Fall/Luteal Phase foods.
- black beans
- add to brown rice or ground beef for more phase foods and also to add warmth and comfort to the dish.
Have you tried making this recipe? Are you cycle syncing? I’d love to hear your feedback. Please comment and rate! Peace & love, jenni