This soup is fall in a bowl. With cinnamon and chili powder spices, it’s automatic comfort food. It’s wholesome, healthy, gluten free and dairy free. It’s almost entirely vegetables and seasoning but at the same time it’s so creamy.
Dairy Free Cauliflower Leek Soup
- immersion blender or regular blender
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil separated
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 carrots diced
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 shallot diced
- 4 celery stalks diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4-6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil if dairy free
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp chives chopped
- Heat the oven to 425F. Meanwhile prep the vegetables.
- Toss cauliflower florets, tablespoon of oil and teaspoon of salt. Layer cauliflower onto a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Heat other tablespoon of oil in a large stock pot. Cook down the rest of the vegetables except the garlic for 8 minutes then add garlic and cook for two more minutes.
- Add roasted cauliflower to the vegetables.
- Add 4 cups of broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add butter or oil, cinnamon, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- If using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. If using a regular blender, let soup cool first.
- Add more broth if needed for desired consistency.
- Top with chives and enjoy!
Subscribe below to be in the know!
Hi! I'm jenni, The Nerdy Gourmet.
Learn more about me in my bio!