Every Christmas, my aunt would make these pretty cream wafers. They quickly became one of my favorite holiday treats and I now make them every year.
Cream Wafer Cookies
These take a little effort but they are such delicious little bites.
Servings: 80 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- food coloring of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter and add the flour. Mix until the flour turns a light yellow.
- Add the cream and stir until the dough is one firm ball.
- Flour the counter and roll out half of the dough until 1/8" thick.
- Cut out 1" circles. Dip the circles into the granulated sugar and line them up on a baking sheet.
- Using a fork, poke three sets of holes in each wafer.
- Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Bake the wafers for 8 minutes or until the bottoms turn golden. Let cool.
- Cream the butter. Add the milk and half the sugar. Stir until combined, then add the rest of the sugar. Add coloring and fill a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Frost half of the wafers and top with the other halves. Enjoy!
Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 5mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg