Easy and oh so sweet, these are fun cupcakes to make. Loved by kids of all ages, these are especially great for carnival or fair themed parties.
Cotton Candy Cupcakes
This white cake is as light as air and tastes so fresh!
Servings: 24 cupcakes
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 6 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using cupcake liners, prepare two muffin tins.
- Cream the butter. Add the sugar, oil and almond extract. Mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix.
- Add milk and stir until combined. Set batter aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until they are foamy and peak when you remove the mixing whisk.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until thoroughy combined.
- Divide the batter into the two prepped pans. Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 18-24 minutes.
Sodium: 197mg | Calcium: 35mg | Vitamin A: 104IU | Sugar: 17g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 44mg | Cholesterol: 9mg | Calories: 210kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Fat: 9g | Protein: 3g | Carbohydrates: 29g | Iron: 1mg