I came up with this on the fly yesterday while trying to incorporate sweet potatoes and beef. I also added some black beans and garlic for extra points.
Sweet Potatoes with Beef and Black Beans
Gluten and dairy free.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and space apart the 4 potatoes evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until they are soft and cooked through.
- 20 minutes before the potatoes are finished, brown the beef, stirring to break it into crumbles. Drain.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- You can either cut open the potatoes and top with the beef mixture or skin the potatoes and mash them first.
- I hope you enjoy this fairly easy but highly satisfying dinner!
Calories: 593kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1098mg | Potassium: 1539mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 32508IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 6mg