This was so easy to make and cleaning the one dirty pan was even easier! Heirloom tomatoes, fresh spinach and Italian seasoning makes this dish homey and comforting.
Rustic Skillet Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 2-3 large heirloom tomatoes cut into 1" chunks
- 1 shallot quartered
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 8 oz chicken broth
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- Pat the chicken dry while you heat up the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Season each breast with salt, pepper and italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side, until the juices run clear.
- Set the chicken aside and pour just a splash of the broth into the skillet.
- Add the onion, tomatoes and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add the broth and spinach along with the cooked chicken breasts. Simmer until the spinach is just wilted and the chicken is reheated. Enjoy!!
Serve over whole wheat pasta, brown rice or quinoa for a full, hearty meal.
This recipe has at least of the recommended Summer/Ovulatory Phase foods:
- bonus point if you serve over quinoa
Have you tried making this recipe? Are you cycle syncing? I’d love to hear your feedback. Please comment and rate! Peace & love, jenni