This is my low carb yet still delicious breakfast go to. Eggs are the best. They’re healthy and packed with protein and this Mexican twist makes these so tasty!!
My version is dairy free, protein packed and dressed with salsa!
- 6 oz bacon sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 8 cups spinach
- 1/2 small shallot thinly sliced
- 1 avocados
- 1/3 cup salsa
- Cook the bacon. I love mine extra crispy.
- Whisk together the eggs and egg whites. Add salt and pepper.
- Drain the bacon and set aside. Using the same skillet, cook the spinach and shallot until the spinach has wilted. Set aside.
- Pour the egg mix into the pan and sprinkle eggs with spinach, shallot and bacon. Let cook for about 1 minute when the egg starts to set. Flip. Cook second side until set.
- Top with avocado slices and salsa! Enjoy!
Sodium: 372mg | Calcium: 72mg | Vitamin C: 23mg | Vitamin A: 5804IU | Sugar: 2g | Fiber: 5g | Potassium: 753mg | Cholesterol: 40mg | Calories: 517kcal | Saturated Fat: 18g | Fat: 50g | Protein: 10g | Carbohydrates: 9g | Iron: 2mg
This recipe has 2 of the recommended Spring/Follicular Phase foods and is packed with protein:
Have you tried making this recipe? Are you cycle syncing? I’d love to hear your feedback. Please comment and rate! Peace & love, jenni
I love this combo of ingredients for breakfast! 😋