This dish is so hearty and comforting. Earthy mushrooms and wild rice with fresh spinach and water chestnuts are a magical combination. The slower you cook down the vegetables the more flavorsome they get. You can use fresh or frozen spinach.
Spinach, Mushrooms and Wild Rice Bowl
- 1/2 small onion thinly sliced
- 8 oz button mushrooms sliced
- 8 oz water chestnuts diced
- 1 bunch fresh spinach or 10 oz frozen spinach thawed out
- 2 cups wild rice cooked
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- Cook down the onions and mushrooms, about 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and chestnuts. Cook down 5 minutes.
- Add rice and tamari. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
This recipe has at least 5 of the recommended Menstrual Phase foods:
- wild rice
- water chestnuts
Have you tried making this recipe? Are you cycle syncing? I’d love to hear your feedback. Please comment and rate! Peace & love, jenni