Start this recipe now!! The cherries take at least a day. You’ll thank me in a few. Seriously, these take time and the clock is ticking….but you’ll be the hostess (or host) with the mostest!
Whiskey Infused Cherries
- 2 cups cherries, pitted
- 1 3/4 cup whiskey
- 1/3 cup sugar
put cherries (less a few for decoration), whiskey and sugar in a saucepan. simmer for 15 minutes until sugar dissolves. pour into mason jar and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. when ready to use on cheesecakes, put over medium heat and cook down alcohol until reduced, about 25-30 minutes.
- 2 packs of graham crackers
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
blend the crackers to crumbs. add sugar and walnuts, blend. add butter and blend. pack into lined muffin tins.
- 2 8oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
blend all ingredients together. pour into muffin tins over the crust. bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. let cool and top with cherries. Enjoy!
- storing your brown sugar in the refrigerator keeps it soft
- don’t overmix the cream cheese batter- too much air in the batter will cause your cakes to rise when baking and then sink when out of the oven
- if the cheesecake begins to crack, take it out of the oven. ideally, you want the middles to be jiggly when you pull them.
- use a Ninja or other blender to make the crust
[…] Mexican Omelette — The Nerdy Gourmet […]
I love this combo of ingredients for breakfast! 😋
Me too ❤️ 🍫 😊
Thank you so much!! I’m always up for anything that’s healthy and chocolate!! I will check out those protein balls…
Yum! I make similar chocolate protein balls. I have a post on them. I think you will like them. I…