- 6 cups frozen sweet dark cherries **and the juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Take the juice from the frozen cherries and whisk in the 4 Tablespoons of cornstarch. Add all ingredients to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then on low heat simmer for 10-15 minutes. Let cool. Fill pie crust and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes for mini pies or 40-50 minutes for one large pie. I used the large sized muffin tins and these were the perfect size for individual pies. For non stick tins, there is no need to grease the pan.
- If you are lucky enough to be making this pie while cherries are in season- yay for you!! Just replace the frozen cherry juice with 1/2 cup of water to whisk with the cornstarch.
- feel free to add almond or vanilla extract to your cherry filling if you’d like to change it up.
- For the pie dough: use cold butter. If you have delays, refrigerate the dough.
- Use ice cold water, 1 Tablespoon at a time until the dough is wet but not quite sticky.
- I used a saucepan lid to make the perfect size circles for my tins.
[…] Pot Roast Empanadas with Horseradish Sauce — The Nerdy Gourmet […]
Hi Claudia! I’m so happy that you’ve reached out. Thank you so much fir the kind words and the recommendation!…
Hi Jenni, I heard your husband Greg talking about your new blog and so I thought I would check it…
It’s been awhile since I’ve made the instant pot version, I’m sorry.
I plan to make this for my book club. Great idea. Do you happen to have the directions for the…