Scupper’s Cherry Pies
- 6 cups frozen sweet dark cherries **and the juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Take the juice from the frozen cherries and whisk in the 4 Tablespoons of cornstarch. Add all ingredients to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then on low heat simmer for 10-15 minutes. Let cool. Fill pie crust and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes for mini pies or 40-50 minutes for one large pie. I used the large sized muffin tins and these were the perfect size for individual pies. For non stick tins, there is no need to grease the pan.
- If you are lucky enough to be making this pie while cherries are in season- yay for you!! Just replace the frozen cherry juice with 1/2 cup of water to whisk with the cornstarch.
- feel free to add almond or vanilla extract to your cherry filling if you’d like to change it up.
- For the pie dough: use cold butter. If you have delays, refrigerate the dough.
- Use ice cold water, 1 Tablespoon at a time until the dough is wet but not quite sticky.
- I used a saucepan lid to make the perfect size circles for my tins.
Hi Jenni, I heard your husband Greg talking about your new blog and so I thought I would check it…
It’s been awhile since I’ve made the instant pot version, I’m sorry.
I plan to make this for my book club. Great idea. Do you happen to have the directions for the…
This was my favorite slider out of the four! Thank you, Azilde! I hope you enjoy 💕
Hi Claudia! I’m so happy that you’ve reached out. Thank you so much fir the kind words and the recommendation!…