- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks room temperature
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks and extract. Mix. Stir in flour and salt. Press into a 9×9 pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or just until the edges get golden. Let cool.
- As the shortbread cools, bring sugar, syrup and butter to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the sauce darkens, about 5 minutes. Add condensed milk and stir continuously as you bring to a boil. Do not stop stirring. Not once. Even if the shortbread is burning and the dog HAS to go out. Trust me and my first batch of burned caramel that this is not one of those recipes that you can cheat on. Boil for 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Take off the heat and add vanilla.
- Pour over the shortbread and spread until even.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add chocolate and heavy cream. Stir as the chocolate melts.
- Spread evenly over the caramel layer.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe? I would love to know your thoughts. Peace & Love, jenni
Hi Claudia! I’m so happy that you’ve reached out. Thank you so much fir the kind words and the recommendation!…
Hi Jenni, I heard your husband Greg talking about your new blog and so I thought I would check it…
It’s been awhile since I’ve made the instant pot version, I’m sorry.
I plan to make this for my book club. Great idea. Do you happen to have the directions for the…
This was my favorite slider out of the four! Thank you, Azilde! I hope you enjoy 💕