- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks room temperature
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks and extract. Mix. Stir in flour and salt. Press into a 9×9 pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or just until the edges get golden. Let cool.
- As the shortbread cools, bring sugar, syrup and butter to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the sauce darkens, about 5 minutes. Add condensed milk and stir continuously as you bring to a boil. Do not stop stirring. Not once. Even if the shortbread is burning and the dog HAS to go out. Trust me and my first batch of burned caramel that this is not one of those recipes that you can cheat on. Boil for 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Take off the heat and add vanilla.
- Pour over the shortbread and spread until even.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add chocolate and heavy cream. Stir as the chocolate melts.
- Spread evenly over the caramel layer.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe? I would love to know your thoughts. Peace & Love, jenni
This was my favorite slider out of the four! Thank you, Azilde! I hope you enjoy 💕
I love mushrooms and cheese. I will have to try this! My mouth is watering 🤤
It was just so slow to me but many others have loved it!
I love CoHo but also don’t like drawn out plots–maybe this isn’t the best book of hers for me to…
Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much! That means a lot 💙