Is there anything better together than a cup of coffee and a donut? Maybe having both in one gratifying bite. A subtle flavor of coffee lays in deep undertones for this simple yeast donut.
Coffee Flavored Donuts
- cooking thermometer
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup coffee cooled
- 1/2 cup whole milk room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- oil for frying
- Pour the milk into the coffee and let cool until temperature reaches 106-112F. Add the yeast. Cover with a tea towel and let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of ingredients. Knead for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Let dough rise until double in size, about 45-60 minutes.
- Roll dough out to 1/2" thick and cut with a 4" circle. Cut out donut holes with a 1" circle.
- Place on a baking sheet and let proof (double in size) about 60 minutes.
- 50 minutes into the rise time, heat oil over medium heat and get the temperature to 350F. Get a drip tray ready by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper and setting a cooling rack on top.
- Once the oil has reached 350F, start frying the donuts. Let them turn golden on the bottom then flip over, about 60-90 seconds per side. Set on the drip tray. Repeat until all the donuts are fried.
- If desired, roll in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Enjoy!
- use a thermometer! You will need to measure the temperature of the coffee before adding the yeast. Too hot liquid will kill the yeast and your dough will not rise. You will also need to measure the temperature of the oil before frying the donuts.
- take the time to let these rise. If your oven has a proof function, this is a good time to put it to use.
- eat warm- they are just so delicious!!!
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tbsp milk
- Mix ingredients. Add food coloring if desired.
This was my favorite slider out of the four! Thank you, Azilde! I hope you enjoy 💕
I love mushrooms and cheese. I will have to try this! My mouth is watering 🤤
It was just so slow to me but many others have loved it!
I love CoHo but also don’t like drawn out plots–maybe this isn’t the best book of hers for me to…
Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much! That means a lot 💙