Broccoli and Orechiette
- 8 oz orecchiette pasta
- 1/2 head broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, rough chopped or 6 tsp Gourmet Garden Garlic paste
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp lemon zest
- 4 leaves fresh basil, julienned
- 4 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 4 tbsp kalamata olives, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta to al dente. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until tender. If you have a steamer pot, you can steam the broccoli over the boiling pasta.
- Drain pasta.
- Saute the garlic in olive oil over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add chili pepper flakes, salt, pepper, broccoli, broth and vinegar.
- Stir for 5 minutes. Add pasta.
- Top as desired.