This soup is warm, comforting and packed with veggies! Hearty and wholesome it brings me back to the Tuscan countryside.
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8oz pancetta, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- 2 cups swiss chard, shredded
- 2 cups bok choy, shredded
- 12 cups beef stock
- 1 wedge parmesan reggiano with rind
- 4 cups ditalini pasta, cooked
- salt & pepper to taste
Brown the pancetta and remove from the pot. Heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Place onions, carrots and celery in the pot and cook down until tender and onions are translucent and golden, 10-15 mins. Add the pancetta back in along with the rosemary and garlic. Cook 5 mins. Add greens and cook until wilted, 5 mins. Add salt and pepper, stock. Remove the wax peel from the wedge of parmesan. Cut off the rind and add it to the soup. Boil, then simmer for 1 hour. Add pasta and grated parmesan. Enjoy!
- those bright leafy centers of the celery stalks? Don’t throw them out! They pack the most flavor.
- add splashes of beef stock while cooking down the onions, carrots and celery.
- a mirepoix is an aromatic base to many dishes. It is made up of two parts onion, one part carrots, one part celery and cooked slowly in butter or oil without browning.
Hi Claudia! I’m so happy that you’ve reached out. Thank you so much fir the kind words and the recommendation!…
Hi Jenni, I heard your husband Greg talking about your new blog and so I thought I would check it…
It’s been awhile since I’ve made the instant pot version, I’m sorry.
I plan to make this for my book club. Great idea. Do you happen to have the directions for the…
This was my favorite slider out of the four! Thank you, Azilde! I hope you enjoy 💕