Love cheesecake and brownies? Get two desserts in one with this super easy recipe. We’re bringing boxed brownies to the next level……Print Recipe
Taking boxed brownies to the next level!
Servings: 12 brownies
- 1 package Ghirardhelli boxed brownies made to directions
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 325
- Grease an 8×8 pan and fill with 2/3 of the brownie batter. Set remaining 1/3 aside.
- Cream the cream cheese and add sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter in 8×8 pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of remaining brownie batter on top of the cheesecake layer. Swirl together with a knife.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. The top should be slightly wobbly when shaken. Cool completely before cutting. Eat with joy!
Sodium: 191mg | Calcium: 23mg | Vitamin A: 295IU | Sugar: 27g | Potassium: 33mg | Cholesterol: 51mg | Calories: 284kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Fat: 12g | Protein: 4g | Carbohydrates: 40g | Iron: 1mg
- Brownies are unlike cake when checking for doneness- you do NOT want the toothpick to come out clean. Personally, I prefer my brownies under done to hard and crispy. Take them out according to the box directions. For very fudge like and moist brownies, take them out at the lowest recommended time. (Here, 35 mins)
- Cheesecake is similar- you do not want that toothpick clean. The best time to remove a cheesecake from the oven is when you shake the pan, it wobbles slightly. Jiggly is no good- too under done. For a more precise method, take the temperature in the middle of the cheesecake. It should read 150 degrees F.
- the hardest and one of the most important parts of baking brownies and cheesecakes- letting them cool completely!!! At least 4 hours is recommended.
Have you tried these? I’d love to hear your feedback!!