How could I not make honeycomb for Daisy Jones? This five ingredient recipe is just as fun and explosive as the book!
Honeycomb for Daisy Jones
Sweet and fun with an explosive finish, just like the book.
- candy thermometer
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Measure out the baking soda and set it nearby.
- Combine sugar, syrup, honey and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves then let boil without any stirring until the mixture reaches 300°F (about 20 minutes)
- Remove from heat and immediately whisk in baking soda- be prepared for lots of bubbling!
- Whisk for 3-5 seconds then pour into the prepared 8x8 pan.
- Let cool at least one hour.
- Break into pieces by tapping with a knife.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Use those crumbs for ice cream toppings or trail mix.
Sodium: 108mg | Calcium: 1mg | Sugar: 13g | Calories: 48kcal | Fat: 1g | Protein: 1g | Carbohydrates: 13g