Easy Sugar Cookies
Sweet and simple, these cookies are the perfect base for all of your creativity!
- 1 cup butter unsalted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Cream the butter and add sugar. Mix.
- Add egg and extracts. Mix.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix.
- Chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Roll the dough to 1/4" thick. Cut out with your desired cutters.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until the bottoms are golden.
- Let cool and frost as desired.
Sodium: 188mg | Calcium: 17mg | Vitamin A: 246IU | Sugar: 8g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 19mg | Cholesterol: 27mg | Calories: 151kcal | Saturated Fat: 5g | Fat: 8g | Protein: 2g | Carbohydrates: 18g | Iron: 1mg
If you like this recipe, check out the book that inspired it!
You can buy Firefly Lane here from Amazon or you can also choose to support local bookstores by purchasing it from Bookshop although I highly recommend listening to this book! You can buy the audio version at Libro.fm here.