Grilled Chicken Tacos
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 small red onion
- 8 tbsp salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Place chicken breasts in a ziplock bag with the olive oil, lime juice, honey, oregano and cilantro. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours but for no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat grill to a medium heat.
- Baste chicken with marinade until cooked through, 6-8 minutes per side. The internal temperature of the chicken should read at least 155 when you pull it from the grill.
- Let chicken cool and then slice.
- Heat the tortillas up in a skillet over medium heat. Place in an aluminum foil packet as you heat each one.
- Put all ingredients on the tortilla shell and enjoy!
- The secret to juicy grilled chicken? marinate, marinate, marinate and baste with the leftover marinade while grilling.
- Pounding out the chicken breasts before marinating will even out the meat so that the thinner part isn’t overcooked before the thicker part is done.
- If you opt for bone in, the chicken will take longer to grill.
- If you are using leftovers of the grilled chicken to make tacos, reheat the chicken by steaming to keep it moist. You can do this by putting sliced chicken in a pan with a splash of water (or even better, chicken stock) over medium heat while covered for 3-4 minutes.
This was my favorite slider out of the four! Thank you, Azilde! I hope you enjoy 💕
I love mushrooms and cheese. I will have to try this! My mouth is watering 🤤
It was just so slow to me but many others have loved it!
I love CoHo but also don’t like drawn out plots–maybe this isn’t the best book of hers for me to…
Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much! That means a lot 💙