Grilled Chicken Tacos
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 small red onion
- 8 tbsp salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Place chicken breasts in a ziplock bag with the olive oil, lime juice, honey, oregano and cilantro. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours but for no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat grill to a medium heat.
- Baste chicken with marinade until cooked through, 6-8 minutes per side. The internal temperature of the chicken should read at least 155 when you pull it from the grill.
- Let chicken cool and then slice.
- Heat the tortillas up in a skillet over medium heat. Place in an aluminum foil packet as you heat each one.
- Put all ingredients on the tortilla shell and enjoy!
- The secret to juicy grilled chicken? marinate, marinate, marinate and baste with the leftover marinade while grilling.
- Pounding out the chicken breasts before marinating will even out the meat so that the thinner part isn’t overcooked before the thicker part is done.
- If you opt for bone in, the chicken will take longer to grill.
- If you are using leftovers of the grilled chicken to make tacos, reheat the chicken by steaming to keep it moist. You can do this by putting sliced chicken in a pan with a splash of water (or even better, chicken stock) over medium heat while covered for 3-4 minutes.
Hi Claudia! I’m so happy that you’ve reached out. Thank you so much fir the kind words and the recommendation!…
Hi Jenni, I heard your husband Greg talking about your new blog and so I thought I would check it…
It’s been awhile since I’ve made the instant pot version, I’m sorry.
I plan to make this for my book club. Great idea. Do you happen to have the directions for the…
This was my favorite slider out of the four! Thank you, Azilde! I hope you enjoy 💕