Eatin Nasty Hamburger Helper
This childhood comfort food is a highlight in Stephen King's novel, Lisey's Story.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- Add the beef and onions to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until beef is browned. Drain.
- Add tomato paste, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add stock, worcestershire and bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni and cook until it's al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and immediately add the sour cream, cheese and parsley. Stir until the cheese is completely melted.
Calories: 747kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 1750mg | Potassium: 1301mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1467IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 494mg | Iron: 5mg