If you like beef, this one’s for you! Grilled burgers topped with homemade chili sauce and poblano peppers- straight out of a Comanche, Texas diner. Ghosts not included.
Comanche Chili Cheeseburger
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 4 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion grated
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- poblano peppers roasted
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 slices cheese
- pickle slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz diced tomatoes and juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat grill.
- Mix all the burger ingredients together and form 8 patties. Set aside.
- In a large crockpot, cook down the onions in oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Brown over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, stock and worcestershire. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes and the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, add the burgers and poblano peppers to the grill. Cook the burgers 4 minutes on each side. Add cheese and cook 2 more minutes. Pull the poblanos once they start to blister.
- Place cheeseburgers on the buns and pile high with chili sauce. Top with poblanos and pickles. Enjoy!!
Have you tried making this recipe?? I’d love to hear your feedback. Please comment and rate! Peace & love, jenni
Hi Claudia! I’m so happy that you’ve reached out. Thank you so much fir the kind words and the recommendation!…
Hi Jenni, I heard your husband Greg talking about your new blog and so I thought I would check it…
It’s been awhile since I’ve made the instant pot version, I’m sorry.
I plan to make this for my book club. Great idea. Do you happen to have the directions for the…
This was my favorite slider out of the four! Thank you, Azilde! I hope you enjoy 💕