If you like beef, this one’s for you! Grilled burgers topped with homemade chili sauce and poblano peppers- straight out of a Comanche, Texas diner. Ghosts not included.
Comanche Chili Cheeseburger
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 4 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion grated
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- poblano peppers roasted
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 slices cheese
- pickle slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz diced tomatoes and juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat grill.
- Mix all the burger ingredients together and form 8 patties. Set aside.
- In a large crockpot, cook down the onions in oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Brown over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, stock and worcestershire. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes and the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, add the burgers and poblano peppers to the grill. Cook the burgers 4 minutes on each side. Add cheese and cook 2 more minutes. Pull the poblanos once they start to blister.
- Place cheeseburgers on the buns and pile high with chili sauce. Top with poblanos and pickles. Enjoy!!
Have you tried making this recipe?? I’d love to hear your feedback. Please comment and rate! Peace & love, jenni
Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much! That means a lot 💙
I love your posts! The pictures are awesome. I love the way you pair the foods and drinks with the…
Thank you! I had fun putting them together with the book 😁💗
Awesome recipes!! Thank you for sharing! Looking forward to incorporating these into my book club event!!
[…] The Nerdy Gourmet […]