Grilled Cheese and Mushroom Sliders
This is the perfect vegetarian slider- melted gruyere cheese and sautéed mushrooms.
Grilled Cheese and Mushroom Quesadillas
This dish was inspired by The Midnight Library
Servings: 8 sliders
- 3 tbsp butter separated
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 lb mushrooms seasonal is best
- 1 medium tomato cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 scallions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic cut into large slices
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 8 oz gruyere cheese shredded
- 8 Hawaiian buns
- Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and scallions. Cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cook two more minutes.
- Add parsley. Cook two additional minutes, then pull the mushroom mix from the heat.
- Meanwhile, cut the browned tops off of each of the hawaiian buns before slicing them in half and buttering one side of each slice.
- Heat a separate large skillet over a medium to high flame. Add eight of the cut buns butter side down and layer an ounce of the shredded cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup of the mushroom mixture to each and top with the other 8 buns, butter side up.
- Once the bottom of the sandwiches are golden brown, carefully flip them and brown the other side. Serve immediately.
Sodium: 222mg | Calcium: 298mg | Vitamin C: 7mg | Vitamin A: 716IU | Sugar: 6g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 264mg | Cholesterol: 52mg | Calories: 278kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Fat: 17g | Protein: 14g | Carbohydrates: 18g | Iron: 1mg
If you like this recipe, check out the book that inspired it!
You can buy The Midnight Library here from Amazon or you can also choose to support local bookstores by purchasing it from Bookshop although I highly recommend listening to this book! You can buy the audio version at Libro.fm here.
I love mushrooms and cheese. I will have to try this! My mouth is watering 🤤
This was my favorite slider out of the four! Thank you, Azilde! I hope you enjoy 💕