Take Out Spring Rolls
Servings: 16 rolls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 8 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- oil for frying
- Heat tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add pork and stir until browned, breaking it apart.
- Add mushroom slices and cook down, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, bean sprouts, cabbage. Cook until wilted.
- Sprinkle flour, onion powder and soy sauce over the pork mixture and stir until the liquid is gone.
- Stir in sesame seeds and let cool.
- Wrap 2 tablespoons of the mixture up into each wrapper.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees. Add rolls, 2 or 3 at a time- but don't overcrowd. Once golden, about 3 minutes remove from oil and let cool. Serve with sweet & sour sauce (recipe below!) ORBrush tops with oil and bake at 425 for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1788IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe? I would love to know your thoughts. Peace & Love, jenni