I love spaghetti squash! It’s such a great healthy base for a variety of cuisines. I went with a Mexican flavor tonight.
Squash Burrito Bowl
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup black beans drained
- 1 cup corn drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Carefully pierce a dotted line all the way around the spaghetti squash with a small, sharp knife.
- Microwave the squash for 4-6 minutes. Let cool, then easily slice through the dotted lines to cut it in half.
- Drizzle the olive oil on each half of the squash, then sprinkle on the salt, chili powder and cumin.
- Turn both halves upside down on a baking sheet lined in foil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until tender. (You will be able to easily pierce with a fork.)
- While the squash is baking, brown the beef. Drain before adding the taco seasoning.
- Once the squash is cooked and slightly cooled, scrape the insides with a fork.
- This will loosen the 'noodles'.
- Top the squash with the ground beef, beans, corn and cilantro along with any other favorites. I love tomatoes, black olives, red peppers, avocado, onion. If you like cheese you can easily add it to the very top and bake for 5 more minutes.
This recipe has at least 5 of the recommended Luteal Phase foods, 6 if you serve it with brown rice:
- black beans
- great luteal toppings- bell peppers, shallots, purple cabbage
Have you tried making this recipe? Are you cycle syncing? I’d love to hear your feedback. Please comment and rate! Peace & love, jenni