This is my new favorite fall breakfast! Fresh apples and warm spices make this super comforting and so healthy too. Make plenty for leftovers because they taste even better!
Apple Spice Oatmeal
Apple Spice Topping
- 1 medium apple cubed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or more!
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups water
- 1-1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats depending on how thick you like your oatmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Add all of the Apple Spice Topping ingredients to a medium saucepan. Cook down over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set apples aside in a small bowl.
- In the same saucepan, boil 2 cups of water. This way all those spices left in the pan will flavor your oats too!
- Add the oats and cook until desired consistency, for at least 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add the apples back in and top with walnuts. Enjoy!!
- Leftovers are super easy- microwave oats for 30 seconds with a little bit of almond milk.
This recipe has at least 3 of the recommended Luteal Phase foods:
- if you are also seed cycling, this is a great dish to top with those sunflower and sesame seeds!
If you want an extra special treat, head on over to Whip and Wander. My fellow Jenni has some fantastically delectable recipes, including her Spiced Apple Butter. Top your leftover oatmeal with this butter before reheating and you will not regret it!!
Have you tried making this recipe? Are you cycle syncing? I’d love to hear your feedback. Please comment and rate! Peace & love, jenni