Healthy Maple Granola Recipe
Go ahead and cross granola off of your grocery list. This healthier version is so easy to make! Maple flavors paired with warm spices create a comforting but healthy granola. I love this as an evening snack with my tea but it’s also great on any of my smoothies.
Healthy Maple Granola
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup raw cashews chopped
- 1 cup raw pistachios chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds ground
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate optional
- Heat oven to 350
- Combine all ingredients except the apricots and chocolate. If using roasted nuts, add those later as well.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before adding apricots and chocolate. Enjoy!!
I created this granola out of a list of recommended iron rich foods. Women have a higher iron goal than men: we need 14.8mg a day while men only need 8.7mg. Alisa Vitti recommends eating iron and vitamin B rich foods to support blood loss and energy during the menstrual phase of our cycles which is why I’m grouping this recipe under this phase.
Add raisins, dark chocolate or other nuts to tailor this granola to your own tastes!
Try this granola on top of any of my smoothies for a healthy morning breakfast!
Have you tried making this recipe? Are you cycle syncing? I’d love to hear your feedback. Please comment and rate! Peace & love, jenni