If you enjoy a sweet treat, let me suggest these Frosted Flakes Maple Cookies. The cookies themselves smell like pancakes when they’re baking. Topped with a light buttercream and crunchy flakes, they are a temptation.
Frosted Flakes Maple Cookies
Syrupy sweet ccokies for the sugar fiend in your life.
Servings: 48 cookies
- 1 cup butter unsalted, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups Frosted Flakes
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Cream the butter and add sugar. Stir.
- Add egg and mix.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla. Mix.
- Add flour, soda and salt. Mix.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet and bake until the bottoms turn golden brown, about 8 minutes.
Frosting and Flakes
- Cream the butter and add 1 cup of sugar, whisking while slowly adding the milk. Add the rest of the sugar and mix.
- Frost the cookies after they cool. Sprinkle with frosted flakes and serve immediately as the flakes will become less than crispy if stored overnight.
Sodium: 148mg | Calcium: 14mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin A: 182IU | Sugar: 12g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 33mg | Cholesterol: 16mg | Calories: 125kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fat: 5g | Protein: 1g | Carbohydrates: 19g | Iron: 1mg