I must admit, I was very skeptical of any noodle shaped vegetables replacing my pasta. I held off on the zoodle faze for a very long time but they have withstood the test of time. As I started cycle syncing and being more aware of how gluten affected my gut, I decided to buy some zucchini. This dish is delicious and healthy! The zoodles keep it light and the chicken is gluten free but the piccata keeps it tasty.
Gluten Free Chicken Piccata with Zoodles
- 4 cups zucchini spiralized
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup capers rinsed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pound down each of the chicken breasts until even throughout.
- Mix together the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the pieces of chicken one at a time until they are covered in the mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts, two at a time. Cook each for 3 minutes per side. Set aside onto a paper towel lined plate once cooked.
- Add broth, capers and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat. Add zoodles and chicken while you simmer for 5 minutes. Enjoy!!If you like this recipe, leave a comment below. Thank you!