These delicate little sandwiches are inspired by all the lovely tea and garden scenes in Jane Austen’s classic novel.
Pride and Prejudice Herb Garden Tea Sandwiches
delicate and light, perfect for high tea.
Servings: 16 sandwiches
- 16 pieces white bread
- 16 pieces sliced deli chicken
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 oz goat cheese softened
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh herbs (chives, mint, parsley, oregano, dill) chopped
- Cream together the cream cheese, goat cheese and sour cream.
- Add garlic and onion powders, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Chop your herbs of choice and stir them into the spread mixture.
- Layer together one piece of bread, two slices of chicken. Spread a second piece of bread with the herb cream spread and top the sandwich.
- Remove the crust from all slices of bread. Cut two rectangles from each slice, about 3 inches by 1 inch in size. Enjoy!
Calories: 41kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 23mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 141IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg