Did you know that sangria means “bleeding” in Spanish? This light and chilly cocktail is the perfect drink for your thriller book club party.
Thriller Merlot Sangria
did you know that sangria is Spanish for "bleeding"? This cocktail is perfect for any thriller book club gathering.
- Pitcher for serving
- 750 mL red wine Merlot
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 green apple sliced
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 oz Brandy
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 1/2 cup strawberries frozen
- 1/2 cup blackberries frozen
- Slice the lemon, orange and apple. Add to a pitcher along with the wine.
- Add sugar and brandy.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, add 3 each of the frozen strawberries and blackberries to the drinking glasses.
- Pour the sangria over the frozen fruit filling the glasses half way full.
- Add gingerale to top off and enjoy!
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 454mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 149IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg