Death By Chocolate Brownies with Merlot Glaze
These rich, moist dark chocolate brownies are made even more rich by the red wine glaze drizzled on top. They make a decadently thrilling dessert, perfect for any party.
Death by Chocolate Brownies with Merlot Glaze
Topped with berries, cream and a thick blood red merlot reduction, these dark chocolate brownies are rich and deep- perfect for any thriller party theme.
- 1 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup black cocoa powder I use Weirdo Good
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cool whip
- 1 cup merlot
- 1 cup sugar
- sprinkle cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and dust a 9x9 pan with cocoa powder.
- Mix together all of the brownie ingredients until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Pull the brownies and let cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Add merlot and sugar to a small saucepan. Sprinkle will cinnamon.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, until the mixture has reduced by half and is thick like syrup.
- When ready to serve, top each brownie square with a tablespoon of cool whip, berries and drizzle with the merlot reduction. Enjoy!
Sodium: 291mg | Calcium: 35mg | Vitamin C: 6mg | Vitamin A: 369IU | Sugar: 40g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 152mg | Cholesterol: 31mg | Calories: 320kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Fat: 13g | Protein: 3g | Carbohydrates: 50g | Iron: 1mg
If you like this recipe, check out the book that inspired it!
You can buy The Woman in the Window here from Amazon or you can also choose to support local bookstores by purchasing the audio version at Libro.fm here.