A dessert doesn’t get much more innocent than this. At only 23 calories per cookie, these are light, sweet and guilt free.
Innocent Meringue Cookies
Sweet, light and low calorie, these puffs are a dream dessert.
- piping bag
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When separating the eggs, be very careful not to get any yolks into the the mix. This would prevent the whites from forming a meringue.
- Whisk the egg whites, cream of tarter and salt on a medium speed until foamy.
- Whisking on high, slowly add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Whisk in between tablespoons until sugar dissolves completely, about 20-30 seconds.
- Once the meringue is glossy it is ready. Scoop into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Fill the baking sheet with one inch swirls. They can be closely piped together.
- Bake for 1 hour at 200°. Turn off the oven, but leave the meringues in for an additional two hours.
Sodium: 38mg | Sugar: 6g | Potassium: 5mg | Calories: 23kcal | Fat: 1g | Protein: 1g | Carbohydrates: 6g